Sangria is one of my go-to cocktails year round.. but summer is especially special. Here is my recipe for every wine lovers cocktail!
- Spanish Wine. We like to keep things traditional here at Pourstyles, so Spanish wine is a must! A popular choice is Rioja, Garnacha, or Tempranillo. But no need to splurge on an expensive bottle! Two buck chuck is just fine for a great Sangria. If you prefer white wine, I recommend Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc as your base wine.
- Brandy. If you don’t have any on hand, Cognac or Orange Liqueur is equally tasty and boozy.
- Fresh chopped fruits. Oranges, lemon, and green apple are the traditional choices!
- Cinnamon. I prefer an entire cinnamon stick, but a sprinkle of cinnamon works just as well! So cozy.
- Simple Syrup. If you don’t have this in your bar, any natural sweetener will do! Honey, maple syrup, or even brown sugar will add the perfect amount of sweetness.
- Bubbles. This is optional, but I always love to add a topper of sparkling water, ginger ale, or Champagne to fancy up your cocktail and add a summery feel to an otherwise warm drink.
Sangria is as simple as that! Perfect for a summer event, dinner party, or sunset cocktail hour.
Do you like Sangria? Try making it at home and make sure to tag me! #pourstyles